Tuesday, September 4, 2012

My little family, my slight obsession

In San Francisco, my little family is basically me and my cat. And my twinfriend, Ashley

smudge dylanMy cat, Smudge Dylan, son of Bob Dylan (other known aliases: smudgecat, smudgeflake, the smudge, catface, king of the catsle, smudgeling) has seen me at my worst and my best. He is a furry princess, and the most important thing to me.

And because I yam who I yam, I figured this first official post should be about two of my favorite things: my cat, and Marilyn Monroe, and lipstick. okaymaybethatwasthree

So maybe everyone knows this now, but MAC cosmetics is coming out with a Marilyn Monroe line on October fourth, one day after my birthday, and I am way too excited.

I will most definitely be posting reviews about the many things I will be buying, but right now is the moment--if you didn't already know-- you can just take a moment with me and let out a girlish squeal ! The packaging alone makes me swoon and I don't care if all of the products are the same as something they already have, I just can't.even.

This post isn't really exciting if you already knew about this (and if you know me at all you probably did) but just a friendly reminder that you should probably be getting me a giftcard to MAC for my birthday :)

Finally the topic of lipstick. I am a junky. My favorite brands right now for lipsticks are Limecrime and MAC. Now, I am a makeup artist and I do work for a certain makeup company, but it isn't MAC, so I'm not particularly biased. Sortof. Favorite colors right now: Limecrime's Retrofuturist (a true red) and Chinchilla (a greyish purpley nude.) At the top of my MAC list right now is Rocker, because they briefly brought it back to life (I missed out on Moxie andd Candy Yum Yum :( ) and always in rotation are Russian Red and Ruby Woo. When it comes down to it, I am a red lipstick gal through and through. But occasionally I switch it up, sometimes I just reach into my purse and whatever I grab first is whatever I will wear that day. I'm not very good at planning ahead, but I am impressively good at working on the spot. Or on the run.

No comments:

Post a Comment