Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Sephora's cream lipstain review !

So I mostly bought this lipstain because my twinfriend had it, and after I swatch'd it on the back of my hand, I fell in love with the color. And what really had me sold... the next day the color was still there.

In my last post I talked about the MAC liquid last liner and how it was like sharpie, well this lipstick is like red sharpie. An if you haven't noticed, I am a big fan of things that will actually stay on and (in the case of lipsticks) not bleed.

Winner winner chicken dinner!

So immediately I had to run to Sephora to pick up this gem ! And this was.... A leetle less than a year ago, and around that time this baby was featured in a magazine, and as such all of the Sephora's of SF were sold out of it. If anyone uses/used NARS "dragon girl," you feel my pain.

Soooo what's a girl to do? Luckily, I developed a crush on the Novato Sephora, possibly because their customer service is lovely and possibly because they actually have the products I want.

Anyway.. That was some backstory, here's some more review...

Lip liners are definitely needed for this bad boy, unless you are a very talented painter because this lipstain application requires some skills. Or patience. I generally don't have either so I stick to a lip liner. Then you just paint in the lines and you've got a lip color that will really last you all freakin' day.

It has a matte finish, but occasionally I like to switch it up and put Benefit's "California kissin'" gloss on top because it can be a bit on the drying side.

Other than that, four thumbs up for the sephora cream lipstain! I think the color I'm using is either color "0" or color "1" they have a strawberry kind of red that is also pretty, but this one is the red-red one.










No comments:

Post a Comment