Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Candy Apple Review !

So my whole life I've been searching for both a matte red lipstick with red glitter and a matte red nailpolish with red glitter. I realize layering can happen but I just don't understand why some colors (my nailpolish for instance [by Flossgloss]) are so much more present than others when it comes down to glitter.




The closest I've come to this holy grail is a lipgloss by Limecrime. One of their "carousel glosses" in the color "candy apple." As far as the nailpolish goes, maybe Flossgloss will have one that comes out soon.




--a brief aside, this Flossgloss nailpolish is a gold opaque glitter in one coat.(called "stun").... way too fantastic.--

Anyway! My review of this gloss. So, I bought it for myself Christmas of 2011 after a breakup that I thought would kill me. I'm addition to that baby, I also bought retrofuturist, which is my all time favorite red lipstick. (Both gloss and retrofuturist are from Limecrime.) and for some reason Christmas 2011 I wasn't all that impressed. This was almost entirely due to the fact that I layered it over a red lipstick and the glitter just wasn't glittery enough. Lifeissohard. So I kinda forgot it existed for a good year and Christmas 2012 my twinfriend Instagram'd me a photo of that gloss and I was like "Mehhhhhhhh." So she wanted to see it, so I pulled it out of my treasure chest/bottomless pit of lipsticks to try out again.

What was discovered, it does get fairly glittery, but only if you wear it by itself. I do pair it with a lipliner, in the case of these photos I'm using NYX's "hot red" (I lost my regular red lip liner from MAC) what is nice though, is that despite it being a gloss, you can still get it to be pretty opaque. Yeee!

The only drawback is I'm not too much of a gloss girl, as after a while it just ends up all over my face. (As is the case with these pictures!)

PS plz excuse how awkward my makeup looks because of da flash.
PPS plz excuse my skin, it is still in recovery.


PPPS my coworker Tiara is cute. Go stalk her. =)



No comments:

Post a Comment